Commonly Asked Questions About Public Adjusting!
Commercial Property Public Adjusters
Commercial claims can be a very complex and intricate process. When dealing with the property damage and the business loss, there can easily be many avenues that need to be addressed with your insurance company.
Whether your damage happened from weather-related occurrences, theft, or vandalism Sentry Public Adjusting can cover you for your commercial property damage claim.
How Does a Public Adjuster Get Paid?
Increase Your Claim by 747%!
Homeowners' Insurance Companies
Commercial Claims Adjusters
At Sentry, we’re on your side when it comes to business and commercial property damage. We know that it can be tricky to navigate a complex commercial claim. Insurance company adjusters only have the insurance company in mind and want to have the insurance company pay out the least amount to you.
When it comes to adjusting claims for commercial property damage, we have an extensive process. Sentry’s Public Adjusting Process includes:
- Call Sentry and set up a FREE inspection of your property and business at your earliest convenience.
- We will evaluate your existing insurance policy to see what coverages you have for your business and building.
- A thorough and detailed inspection of damages to your property.
- Calculate and substantiate values for loss of business and any other business-related expenses that are involved in the claim.
- Determine costs for repair or replacement of damaged property.
- Prepare all documentation submitted to your insurance company on your behalf.
- We will negotiate a settlement between your insurance company for damages.
- If any discrepancies arise, we will re-open a claim and help to fight for a supplemental claim from your insurance company.
Here at Sentry, we understand the intricacies of running a business and the fragile balance it can hang in at times. Don’t get lowballed by your insurance company and further lose business.
Common Commercial Property Claims
Some of the most common commercial property claims aren’t always business related, sometimes it’s just damage to the property, or it can be as serious as theft. Many different damages can fall under the cloak of commercial property claims.
- Business Interruption – claims are among some of the highest because any damage can interrupt business if you must close or can’t operate due to unsafe conditions in the workplace.
- Burglary and Theft – many businesses experience theft and burglary. This is not always on a large scale such as a stick-up situation, but can also just be monetary losses from employee thefts or other thefts. Always take adequate measures such as alarm systems and surveillance so that you can make a proper claim for your business.
- Wind and Hail Damage– Living in Florida, we know the damage that windstorms and hurricanes can cause. 15% of commercial property damage claims are due to wind and hail damage. Find out more about how to get properly compensated for your wind damages here.
- Fire– Fires can be a hazardous situation no matter how large or small they are. They should always be taken very seriously. There is generally more cleanup than what meets the eye. Smoke, soot and ash damage can affect everything from the structure of your building to your merchandise. About 10% of all commercial insurance claims are fire-related.
How does the Commercial Property Claim Process Work?
A commercial property damage claim can look like a big process to tackle; the good news is you don’t have to go through it alone. Sentry Public Adjusters will be with you every step of the way. It all starts when you call us. We will take an in-depth look at your insurance policy and schedule a FREE inspection of your property and the damage at your earliest convenience. The rest of our claims process is as such
- Perform the inspection of your property and perform a detailed appraisal of the damages.
- Thoroughly document all damages.
- File all necessary paperwork on your behalf.
- Determine and calculate costs for the settlement of losses, this includes any loss from business interruption. Determining business interruption is done by a professional forensic accountant to ensure that all intricacies of your claim are handled appropriately.
- Negotiate and advocate on your behalf with your insurance company.
Allow Sentry to be your commercial property public adjuster and help you put your best foot forward throughout this process.
Why Hire a Commercial Public Adjuster?
Generally, business and commercial properties have specific insurance policies that are structured for their individualized needs. This can leave a commercial property and business owner very confused when it comes to the policy.
Having the help of a professional in the adjusting business can make or break an insurance claim. There are many hoops to jump through when dealing with insurance companies and the adjuster that they send out are going to have the insurer’s best interest in mind.
Ease your mind with Sentry Public Adjusting; we know the language that insurance companies speak. We’re well trained and licensed professionals who can help you quickly and efficiently get your commercial property claim adjusted and paid out.