Fire damage insurance claims
Submitting residential or commercial fire insurance claims can be a complex and intricate process.
At Sentry Public Adjusting, we have extensive experience in helping property owners across Florida receive the most for their fire damage insurance claims. Contact us at (800) 780-6141 to schedule a free consultation or fire damage inspection.
LET SENTRY HELP!
Fire Damage and Associated Damage: Facts and Statistics
- Public fire departments responded to 1,318,500 fires in 2018.
- Every 24 seconds, a fire department in the U.S. responds to a fire somewhere in the nation.
- A fire occurs in a structure at the rate of 1 every 63 seconds, and a home fire occurs every 87 seconds.
- 74% of all fire-related deaths occur in the home.
- Home fires were responsible for 11,200 civilian injuries, 74% of ALL civilian injuries in 2018.
- An estimated $25.6 billion in property damage occurred as a result of fire in 2018—a large increase. This includes a $12 billion loss in wildfires in Northern California.
- An estimated 25,500 structure fires were intentionally set in 2018, an increase of 13% over the year before.
Knowing how seriously a fire can damage your home is only part of the battle. Your homeowners’ insurance may only cover the initial damage from a fire, not the hidden damage or other damages found down the road. There’s still a laundry list of potentially expensive cleanup and other precautionary measures needed to ensure the future safety of the structure. With Sentry Public Adjusting on your side, we will make sure you get the most compensation for your fire damage insurance claim.
WHAT DOES YOUR FIRE DAMAGE INSURANCE COVER?
While most homeowners’ insurance policies will cover fire damage claims, it is important that your claim also includes smoke damage and other damages resulting from the fire.
The process of going through an insurance claim for soot, ash or smoke damage can be arduous. Without properly distinguishing the level of damage to your home, you can be left financially responsible for smoke and soot damage.
Filing claims for smoke, soot or ash damage can be confusing and may result in denials. The damage from the smoke itself must be professionally cleaned. Also, parts of your house may have to be replaced since smoke can damage the structure of your home; this is aside from dark staining and unpleasant lingering odors.
Sentry Can Help
Sentry Public Adjusting can properly document and inspect the fire damage to your home and handle the next step of your claim process.
We are experienced professionals who can help you manage a difficult time in your life while getting the most compensation from your homeowners’ insurance.
We will set an appointment to view your home and document all damages necessary to start the claim process. There is NO COST to you up front.
Important Things to Know About Fire Damage
When dealing with fire damage, there are so many other factors to take into consideration, such as the resulting water damage from extinguishing flames, mold damage from the water and how to clean the soot-and smoke-damaged items.
Even during the cleanup, breathing in soot can cause lung deficiencies and even death. The safest route to pursue is having everything cleaned by professionals who are equipped and trained to handle smoke and soot damage.
Damages can all add up quickly and become a much more expensive hassle than anticipated. Insurance companies tend to want to pay the minimum for damages whenever possible. This can leave you with numerous bills that should have been taken care of through the fire damage insurance claim.
Calling Sentry Public Adjusting can eliminate many problems before they start. We work for you.
How Does Our Insurance Claim Adjustment Process Work?
Sentry Public Adjusting will come in and do a FREE evaluation and inspection of the damages to your home and your surrounding property. This can be a very in-depth process depending on the degree of fire damage and other resulting damage.
Our inspection helps ensure that your claim is properly evaluated. This is done at NO COST to you up front, and you can schedule an inspection when it’s convenient for you. We perform the inspection and provide all documentation and take on the hassle of submitting the fire damage insurance claim.
At Sentry, our fire damage adjustment services consist of these key points:
- Reviewing the existing homeowners’ insurance policies to figure out coverages for the damages that have occurred.
- Evaluating all losses, including building damages, the contents of the building and any additional expenses incurred.
- Inspecting your home to estimate and substantiate all of the damages to your home. The estimator appointment is a vital part of the claim process.
- Reopening a previously closed claim if any issues are found after the claim has been settled.
- Calculating losses from any business interruptions and additional expense claims for businesses.
- Presenting all documentation along with the fire damage claim to your insurance company.
- Negotiating with your insurance company on your behalf.
- Determining all costs for repair of damages.
Why Sentry Public Adjusting?
Sentry Public Adjusting understands that dealing with home damages is no easy feat. We know the stress and worry that come with the financial burdens and paperwork involved with fire damage insurance claims.
We understand that your family is focused on picking up the pieces after a devastating house fire. We believe that you are entitled to have your property restored to its original condition, and we represent you to achieve that.
Let Sentry help make your house a home again.