FLOODS CAN BRING HIDDEN DAMAGE
Flood damage insurance claims
Flooding is the number one natural disaster in the United States, and Florida has more than its fair share of damaging floods.
We experience many tropical storms and hurricanes every year. Water damage claims are one of the most common claims handled by Sentry Public Adjusting. Flood damage to your home or business can be devastating. Floodwaters can also be hazardous for you and your family, depending on the source of the water.
Your homeowners’ insurance often covers water damage but not flood damage. For this reason, many Florida homeowners have a separate flood insurance policy. When it comes to handling insurance claims for flood and related damages, Sentry Public Adjusting has the expertise you need.
LET SENTRY HELP!
Flood Damage Facts & Statistics
- All 50 states have experienced floods or flash floods in the past 5 years.
- From 2005 to 2014, the average flood claim was $42,000.
- Total flood insurance claims averaged more than $3.5 billion per year from 2005–2014.
- Even a few inches of floodwater can cause thousands of dollars in damages.
- In 2016, there were 2,855 claim reports for flooding in Florida.
- Flash floods can bring walls of water 10–20 feet high.
- A car can be taken away in a flood by as little as 2 feet of water.
- Flood damage is not typically covered in homeowners’ insurance; you must purchase additional flood insurance.
- Contaminated floodwaters from Hurricane Katrina caused the deaths of 5 people and required 22 people to have amputations.
- Floodwater can cause rashes and stomach viruses from exposure to contaminated waters.
What Does Your Flood Damage Insurance Cover?
Since flood damage insurance isn’t included in many homeowners’ insurance policies, how do you know what coverage you have for flooding?
Flood insurance is often done through programs like the National Flood Insurance Program or another private insurance agency. Homeowners’ insurance policies can be complex, but Sentry can answer any relevant questions, such as:
- What’s considered flood damage?
- What’s covered by water damage?
- If a hurricane causes flooding, will I be covered?
Sentry Public Adjusting knows how to read into your policy to get you the best payout possible so you can restore your home to its original state.
Flood Damage Help
Sentry Public Adjusting has years of experience helping property owners in Florida get the most out of their flood damage insurance claims.
Whether you’re dealing with a denied flood damage insurance claim or still picking up the pieces from Hurricane Michael or even Hurricane Irma, Sentry Public Adjusting is here to help. We can help you get the most compensation for your flood damage insurance claim, so call Sentry today for your FREE inspection.
Important Things to Know about Flood Damage
Flood damage is so much more than just rain or ocean water invading areas that normally don’t have water. Flooding can destroy a home or a business. Floodwaters often contain sewage, pesticides and even animals such as snakes and alligators. Floodwaters can also carry bacteria that can make you and your family extremely sick.
Even after the floodwaters have subsided, mold is still a concern. Mold damage is just as dangerous and poses a threat to your family’s health. Mold exposure can also cause many health problems. If your home has been damaged by a flood and has a mold issue, contact Sentry Public Adjusting today to set up a FREE inspection. Mold remediation can only be done by a professional; Sentry Public Adjusting can point you in the right direction. Do not attempt to remove the mold from your home yourself or submerge yourself in floodwaters.
Dealing with flood damage is a job for a professionals, and Sentry Public Adjusting has the proper skill and equipment to handle it.
How Sentry’s Insurance Claims Process Works
Sentry Public Adjusting will do a FREE inspection and evaluation of the flood damage to your home or business.
This inspection is an extensive process due to how floodwaters and mold can infiltrate your home in unsuspecting ways and leave more damage than is visible. We want to properly evaluate your claim so that you get the most compensation possible for your flood damage.
Our flood damage adjustment services consist of:
- Reviewing the existing homeowners’ and flood insurance policies to determine your coverages.
- Evaluating all losses, including building damages, the contents of the home and any additional expenses incurred.
- Inspecting your property to estimate and substantiate all of the damages. The estimator appointment is a vital part of the claim process.
- Calculating losses from any business interruptions and additional expense claims for businesses.
- Reopening a previously closed claim if any issues are found after the claim has been settled.
- Presenting all documentation along with the damage claim to your insurance company.
- Negotiating with your insurance company on your behalf.
Why Choose Sentry Public Adjusting?
Sentry Public Adjusting knows the devastation and destruction that flood and mold damage can bring to your home or business. The financial burdens and paperwork that come with a flood damage insurance claim are extensive.
Sentry Public Adjusting will advocate for you get the most compensation from your flood damage insurance claim. Let us help you reclaim your home or business.