Florida Lightning Damage Claims
Lightning storms are common in Florida. In fact, Florida has more than half of the top cities for the most lightning, which makes it the lightning capital of the U.S.! But lightning can damage your home in many ways, directly or indirectly.
Sentry Public Adjusting can handle your lightning damage claim to ensure that you get the maximum payout from your insurance carrier. Call us at 561-464-6364 to schedule a free consultation.
LET SENTRY HELP!
Lightning damage facts and statistics
- The corridor from Tampa to Titusville is known as “Lightning Alley” and receives the most lightning per year in the U. S.
- More than $900 million in lightning claims were paid out in 2018 to 78,000 policyholders
- Average number of lightning strikes in the USA per year–20 Million
- Sea breeze dramatically aids thunderstorm formation
- Volts in a lightning flash–between 100 million and 1 billion
- A lightning bolt can reach 54,000 degrees Fahrenheit, about five times hotter than the surface of our sun
- More than 90% of the lightning in the state occurs from May through October, between the hours of noon and midnight
- Lightning can knock you off your feet and cause severe injury from as far as half a mile away
Call Sentry Public Adjusting for a free insurance policy review to ensure your Florida property is covered for lightning damage.
Will a LIGHTNING Damage Claim Be COVERED UNDER HOMEOWNERS’ INSURANCE?
A lightning strike can create a fire inside or outside your home, ruin sensitive appliances, electronics and wiring inside the walls,
Sentry Public Adjusting can review your homeowners’ insurance policy for free to ensure that you have adequate coverage for damage from lightning. With lightning damage claim costs increasing in recent years, policies sometimes have exclusions from lightning damage. There is also a cosmetic damage exclusion that can be part of a policy.
Assessing the full extent of lightning damage is an involved process. If the integrity of your roof or siding is compromised, it can lead to water and mold damage, which often go unnoticed. Some insurance companies won’t allow for the coverage of other damages, leaving you with thousands of dollars in repairs that aren’t reimbursed.
Most homeowners’ insurance policies have anti-concurrent causation clauses in them. An anti-concurrent causation clause usually reads something similar to, “We do not insure for such loss regardless of: a) the cause of the excluded event; or b) other causes of the loss; or c) whether other causes acted concurrently or in any sequence with the excluded event to produce the loss.”
HOW SENTRY’S Lightning Damage CLAIM PROCESS WORKS
Our public adjusters will come in and do a FREE inspection and evaluation of damages to your home and the surrounding property. This is an in-depth inspection, as we will also be checking for any other damages and assessing the degree of the lightning damage. You can schedule your inspection at a convenient time, and it is done at no up-front cost to you. We correctly and efficiently document all damages and handle the submitting of your lightning damage claim. Our lightning damage claim adjustment services consist of:
- Reviewing your homeowners’ insurance policy to see what coverage and compensation are available to you for lightning damages incurred.
- Evaluating in detail all losses, including building damages, property damages, contents and belongings and any additional expenses from lightning damage.
- Conducting a thorough inspection of your property and further documenting all damages to your home or business.
- Calculating any losses from business interruption.
- Presenting all information accurately to your insurance company from our inspection.
- Calculating all damage costs to get you the most compensation possible for your home repairs.
- Negotiating on your behalf with your insurance company to avoid potential denials.
WHY CHOOSE SENTRY PUBLIC ADJUSTING?
At Sentry, we know the devastation thunderstorms, high winds and lightning can wreak on our state – especially our homes. It’s hard to do all the paperwork and proper documentation when you’re trying to put your life back together.
Sentry Public Adjusting will advocate on your behalf to ensure fair compensation for your lightning damage claim. We believe you’re entitled to a settlement that will allow you to repair your home and put your life back together.
FLORIDA LIGHTNING DAMAGE CLAIMS
Insurance companies are only obligated to repair or replace your roof – whichever costs less.
In Florida, we have the 25% Roof Replacement Rule in the Florida Building Code, which luckily helps make coverage for damage to your roof easier to mend. Roofs aren’t the only part of your home that gets damaged by the lightning. Lightning damage can open your home up to other losses that can be equally devastating.
Sentry Public Adjusting will help guide you to maintain your safety and to keep the integrity of your home intact until repairs can be made.
Your lightning damage claims should be handled by a professional firm like Sentry Public Adjusting. Handling a lightning damage claim yourself can result in a being denied or “lowballed.” Our licensed Florida public adjusters are skilled in dealing with insurance companies and claims. That’s their job!