Hurricane damage insurance claims
Hurricanes can wreak absolute havoc on our homes and our lives.
In South Florida, we are no stranger to hurricanes and the devastation they leave behind in their wake. Wind damage, water damage and mold damage to our homes are the most common outside of a home being destroyed.
Sentry Public Adjusting will work diligently to make sure that your family is made whole again after dealing with hurricane damage to your home or business. Let us guide you out of the wreckage.
Ensure that you get fair payment from your homeowners’ insurance policy, and hire Sentry Public Adjusting today!
LET SENTRY HELP!
Hurricane damage facts and statistics
- .Hurricane categories (1-5) are based on wind strength.
- Even with hurricane insurance coverage, you may not be covered for flooding damages.
- Storm surges are one of the most dangerous parts of a hurricane and cause extensive damage from flooding; homeowners’ insurance doesn’t cover flooding.
- Your insurance company can charge a special deductible for hurricane damage in Florida.
- Hurricanes fall under the category of windstorm damage on most insurance policies.
- A typical year has 12 named storms, 6 hurricanes, and 3 major hurricanes.
- The 2019 season yielded 18 named storms, six of which became hurricanes.
- Hurricanes are the most dangerous natural disasters that strike the U.S.
Let Sentry Public Adjusting help you when it comes to filing your hurricane damage insurance claim. We have the experience to help you receive fair compensation to rebuild your home or business.
WHAT DOES YOUR HURRICANE DAMAGE INSURANCE COVER?
In Florida, most of the hurricane damage insurance policies are covered under windstorm insurance; this leaves room for questions on the part of the homeowner.
What is and isn’t included? Will all my damages fall under a windstorm category? How can I prevent some damages?
Most homeowners’ insurance policies have an anti-concurrent causation clause in them. An anti-concurrent causation clause usually reads similar to this: “We do not insure for such loss regardless of a) the cause of the excluded event; or b) other causes of the loss; or c) whether other causes acted concurrently or in any sequence with the excluded event to produce the loss.”
This means that your home could be destroyed by a hurricane, but only some of it may be covered. Worst-case scenario, you could be left with no coverage for the damages. Sentry can work with you and your insurance company to ensure that you get fair and full payment on your claim.
CRUCIAL THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT HURRICANE DAMAGE CLAIMS
Sentry Public Adjusting can take on these complex and time-consuming for you. It’s hard to properly calculate what amount will adequately cover all the damages to your home. Let us help you navigate your hurricane damage insurance claim from the beginning.
HOW SENTRY’S HURRICANE DAMAGE INSURANCE CLAIM PROCESS WORKS
We know how burdensome the task of filing a hurricane damage insurance claim can be.
Our process begins with a detailed appraisal of your home and the damage. This inspection COSTS NOTHING up front to you, and it can be scheduled at your earliest convenience.
Our hurricane damage claim adjustment process consists of:
- Reviewing the existing homeowners’ insurance policies to figure out coverages for the damages that have occurred.
- Evaluating all losses, including building damages, the contents of the building and any additional expenses incurred.
- Inspecting your home to estimate and substantiate all the damages. The estimator appointment is a vital part of the claim process.
- Reopening a previously closed claim if any issues are found after the claim has been settled.
- Determining all costs for repairing damages.
- Calculating losses from any business interruptions and additional expense claims for businesses.
- Presenting all documentation along with the hurricane damage claim to your insurance company.
- Negotiating with your insurance company on your behalf.