Mold damage insurance claims
Submitting residential or commercial mold damage insurance claims can be a complex and intricate process.
Whether your mold damage happened from weather-related conditions or water damage, Sentry Public Adjusting can help you get the maximum settlement. Contact us at (800) 780-6141 for a free consultation or to schedule a free, in-depth mold damage inspection.
LET SENTRY HELP!
Mold Damage Facts & Statistics
- Higher-than-normal indoor humidity levels can lead to the growth of mold. Keeping your indoor humidity below 45% can help control the growth of mold.
- Recent studies have linked early mold exposure to the development of asthma in some children.
- In 2016, Florida received 63 inches of rain. Water is the growth source of mold.
- Florida has been affected by more hurricanes than any other state in the U.S.
- Mold infestations can cause rotting wood or walls and can lead to the condemnation of a house.
- Mold is naturally occurring in the indoor and outdoor world; the spores will only grow when given an optimal environment.
- The national average cost of mold remediation is $2,239.
- Mold can begin growing in just 24 hours.
- Not all mold damage is visible.
- Maintenance-related mold damage is often not covered by homeowners’ insurance policies.
Sentry Public Adjusting can properly assess the mold damage in your house to make sure you get the best payout from your homeowners’ insurance policy. We know the dangers of mold damage and just how extensive thorough remediation can be.
There is no substitute for professional remediation and preventative measures to keep the mold at bay.
What Does Your Mold Damage Insurance Cover?
Coverage from a mold damage claim may be minimal without the help of professionals. Submitting your claim without the help of Sentry Public Adjusting can result in the primary insurance claim being paid out without consideration for thousands of dollars in mold damage remediation.
Filing a mold damage insurance claim that isn’t due to another covered event falls in a gray area of most homeowners’ insurance policies. If you live in a high humidity area, such as South Florida, mold can be a massive problem in your home.
When proper precautionary measures aren’t taken, mold damage can be discounted as a maintenance issue in your home and can lead to inadequate compensation from a water damage insurance claim.
Mold Remediation and Mold Removal: How to Properly Handle Mold Damage
The fundamental issue of mold is a moisture problem; mold needs moisture to grow and survive. Because some mold is not visible, it can be very hard to diagnose the extent of mold damage as a homeowner.
Also, mold isn’t confined to one specific area. An inspection should be thorough and involve the entire home. There are different levels of mold remediation, and this can be evaluated and performed by professionals.
Mold spores are always there; you cannot completely remove mold from homes no matter what false promises are made by mold removal companies. You can control an existing mold problem or replace what has been damaged by mold. Mold is naturally occurring and can only be managed, cleaned and prevented.
This is often a thorough and expensive process that may not be covered under your initial insurance claim. Allowing Sentry Public Adjusting to handle your mold damage insurance claim will help you receive the best compensation for your damages.
Call Sentry Public Adjusting immediately to begin handling your mold damage insurance claim.
Important Things to Know About Mold Damage Insurance Claims
Most homeowners don’t realize how extensive mold remediation can truly be. Mold can be toxic and can start growing in as little as 24 hours. If you suffer damages from a hurricane and are forced to evacuate, your home can quickly turn into a moldy environment of disastrous proportions.
When attempting to assess the mold damage in your home, it is best to have an experienced professional do it. Mold damage is nothing to take lightly and should be left to a professional. All of this can quickly turn into an extensive and expensive clean-up that you are left paying for if not properly evaluated and handled by an experienced public adjuster.
At Sentry Public Adjusting, we fight for you to get the most compensation from your mold damage insurance claim.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, mold exposure can cause:
- Nasal stuffiness
- Throat irritation
- Coughing or wheezing
- Eye irritation
- Skin irritation
- Serious lung infections
- Upper respiratory tract symptoms
- An increase in symptoms for people with asthma
- Acute idiopathic pulmonary hemorrhage among infants
- Memory loss
What Does Our Insurance Claim Adjustment Process Look Like?
The process begins with a FREE in-depth evaluation and inspection of the mold damages to your home.
This is an extensive process due to how mold damage can infiltrate many places in your home. The attention to detail in our mold damage inspection is to ensure that your home is properly evaluated.
There is NO COST to you up front for the inspection, and it can be scheduled at your convenience. We correctly document all mold damages and oversee the submitting of the mold damages claim.
Sentry’s mold damage claim adjustment services are:
- Reviewing your homeowners’ insurance policy to see what your coverage is for mold damages that have occurred.
- Evaluating in detail all losses, replacement costs if the damage is not repairable and additional expenses from mold damage.
- Inspecting your home to estimate and substantiate all of the damages to your home.
- Calculating losses from business interruptions and additional expense claims for businesses.
- Presenting all information collected along with the mold damage claim to your insurance company.
- Negotiating with your insurance company on your behalf.
Why Choose Sentry Public Adjusting?
We know the pride and responsibility that comes with being a homeowner.
When your home is damaged, you may feel at a loss as to what to do. We know the stress and turmoil that comes after the initial shock of mold damage to your home.
Sentry Public Adjusting will advocate for you to ensure that you get the most compensation from your homeowners’ insurance claim. We want to help return your home to its original beauty.