Roof Leak Damage
Roof Leak Insurance Claims
Did you know that your roof damage may be covered by your insurance policy? Even small damages can result in large insurance settlements.
Our licensed Florida public adjusters work for you, not the insurance company. We provide:
- Free Consultation
- Free Roof Inspection
- Free Policy Review
- No Up-front Fees or Hidden Costs
Get the settlement you deserve. We only can get paid when you do! Call us at 800-780-6141 or complete the contact form to learn more.
LET SENTRY HELP!
Coverage for Resulting Damages from Roof Leaks
If a specific event causes your roof to leak, the damage to your roof may be covered. If you have mold or water damage because of it, your insurance company may not want to cover your resulting damages. Having an experienced public adjuster is key if your insurance company denies your claim.
Some homeowners’ insurance policies have an anti-concurrent causation clause in them. An anti-concurrency causation clause typically reads similar to this: “We do not insure for such loss regardless of a) the cause of the excluded event; b) other causes of the loss; or c) whether other cause acted concurrently or in any sequence with the excluded event to produce the loss.” These clauses mean that if noncovered damage occurs at the same time as covered damage, the entire claim may be denied. We are experienced at navigating claims with policies that have this clause.
Facts and Statistics about Roof Leak Insurance Claims
- The age of your roof is the most common factor in roof leaks.
- Damaged flashing is a leading cause of roof leaks.
- The slope of your roof is also a factor. If the slope is too shallow, wind can easily lift your shingles and allow rain to be driven underneath them, causing a roof leak.
- Frequent storms with heavy rain or wind, such as a hurricane, can remove shingles from your roof. If the roof isn’t fixed immediately, it can cause much more damage to your home.
- Mold can start to grow from a small roof leak that you can’t detect. Even a minor leak can cause mold to fester in your home. Mold poses serious health risks to you and your family if left unchecked.
Evaluating Damages to Your Home or Business.
Sentry Public Adjusting knows the threat that a roof leak can pose to your home. Damage from roof leaks can range from an unsightly stain on your wall or ceiling to deterioration of the house frame.
If you’re having trouble with coverage for your roof leak, call Sentry Public Adjusting today. We will do a FREE inspection of your roof leak and any resulting damages. We will advocate on your behalf with your insurance company to get you the most compensation possible for your roof damage claim.
Are Roof Leaks Covered in My Insurance?
Roof leaks are often covered in your homeowners’ insurance policy. There is a “25-percent-roof-replacement rule” in the Florida Building Code that makes it easier for Sentry Public Adjusting to fight for your claim to be paid. This code makes it easier to file an insurance claim for your roof leak and helps if your entire roof needs to be replaced.
What Is Sentry Public Adjusting’s Claim Adjustment Process?
Sentry Public Adjusting stands by our motto of No Recovery, No Fee. We will inspect your home or business and evaluate the damages at NO COST up front to you. With a roof leak, the inspection is often extensive because it could be one leak or many.
The exact source of the water intrusion is hard to determine without an in-depth inspection. You can schedule the FREE inspection of your home or business at your earliest convenience. We want to ensure that your claims for the roof leak and any additional damages are thoroughly evaluated so you receive the most compensation for your claim.
Our roof-leak damage services consist of:
- Reviewing the existing homeowners’ insurance policies to figure out coverages for the damages that have occurred.
- Evaluating all losses, including building damages, the contents of the building and any additional expenses incurred.
- Inspecting your home to estimate and substantiate all the damages. The estimator appointment is a vital part of the claim process.
- Reopening a previously closed claim if any issues are found after the claim has been settled.
- Determining all costs for repairing damages.
- Calculating losses from any business interruptions and additional expense claims for businesses.
- Presenting all documentation along with the roof-leak damage claim to your insurance company.
- Negotiating with your insurance company on your behalf.
- Working to get you compensation for any additional damages, such as mold damage that requires remediation.
Why Should You Choose Sentry Public Adjusting?
Sentry Public Adjusting knows the hassle and paperwork that accompanies filing a claim with your homeowners’ insurance company. We can take most of the weight off your shoulders and advocate for you to get maximum compensation.
We will do whatever it takes to make your house a home again.
560 Village Blvd, Suite 100,
West Palm Beach, FL 33409