Florida Sinkhole damage insurance claims
Florida is one of the most common states for sinkholes, according to the U.S. Geological Society. A sinkhole is a hole or depression in the ground caused by a collapse of the surface layer. The entire state rests on a bed of limestone, which is vulnerable to water erosion.
Sentry Public Adjusting can handle your sinkhole damage insurance claim to ensure that you get the maximum payout from your insurance carrier. Call us at (800) 780-6141 to schedule a free consultation.
LET SENTRY HELP!
Warning Signs of Sinkhole Damage
Sinkhole damage often goes unnoticed. However, there are warning signs that can signal a possible sinkhole:
- Drywall separating from ceiling and/or floors
- Slope in floor
- Cracks in ceiling, windows, door and interior joints
- Cracks in outside block, stucco, concrete driveways, sidewalks or pool decks
- Windows and doors are hard to close properly
- Depressions in yard or street
- Circular patches of wilting plants
- Sediment in your water
- Leaning trees
Call Sentry Public Adjusting for a free insurance policy review to ensure your Florida property is covered for sinkhole damage.
IS SINKHOLE DAMAGE COVERED UNDER HOMEOWNERS’ INSURANCE?
Florida property insurers are required to provide insurance for “catastrophic ground cover collapse” as part of the standard homeowners’ policy. Sentry Public Adjusting can review your homeowners’ insurance policy for free to ensure that you have adequate coverage for damage from sinkholes. With sinkhole damage claims increasing in recent years, policies sometimes have exclusions from certain types of sinkhole damage. There is also a cosmetic damage exclusion that can be part of a policy.
Assessing the full extent of sinkhole damage is an involved process. If the integrity of your roof or siding is compromised, it can lead to water and mold damage, which often goes unnoticed. Some insurance companies won’t allow for the coverage of other damages, leaving you with thousands of dollars in repairs that aren’t reimbursed.
Most homeowners’ insurance policies have anti-concurrent causation clauses in them. An anti-concurrent causation clause usually reads something similar to, “We do not insure for such loss regardless of: a) the cause of the excluded event; or b) other causes of the loss; or c) whether other causes acted concurrently or in any sequence with the excluded event to produce the loss.”
How Sentry Public Adjusting Can Help With Your Sinkhole Damage Insurance Claim
If your property sustains sinkhole damage, a typical insurance company adjuster may:
- Classify sinkhole damage to your home as normal wear and tear
- Underpay or deny your sinkhole damage claim
- Declare that your policy only covers a portion of the damage
Sentry Public Adjusting can help, even under circumstances such as those above. We will inspect your property damage and review your insurance coverage for free and ensure that you receive the maximum settlement you deserve.
HOW SENTRY’S INSURANCE CLAIM PROCESS WORKS
Our licensed Florida public adjusters will do a FREE inspection and evaluation of damages to your home and the surrounding property. This is an in-depth inspection, as we will also be checking for any other damages and assessing the degree of the sinkhole damage. You can schedule your inspection at a convenient time, and it is done at no up-front cost to you. Our sinkhole damage adjustment services consist of:
- Reviewing your homeowners’ insurance policy to see what coverage and compensation are available to you for sinkhole damages incurred.
- Evaluating in detail all losses, including building damages, property damages, contents and belongings and any additional expenses from sinkhole damage.
- Conducting a thorough inspection of your property and further documenting all damages to your home or business.
- Calculating any losses from business interruption.
- Presenting all information accurately to your insurance company from our inspection.
- Calculating all damage costs to get you the most compensation possible for your home repairs.
- Negotiating on your behalf with your insurance company to avoid potential denials.
WHY CHOOSE SENTRY PUBLIC ADJUSTING?
At Sentry, we know the devastation storms, high winds and sinkholes can wreak on our state – especially our homes. It’s hard to do all the paperwork and proper documentation when you’re trying to put your life back together.
Sentry Public Adjusting will advocate on your behalf to ensure fair compensation for your sinkhole damage insurance claim. We believe you’re entitled to a settlement that will allow you to repair your home and put your life back together.
FLORIDA SINKHOLE DAMAGE INSURANCE CLAIMS
Insurance companies are typically only obligated to cover damages that make a home or building uninhabitable.
In Florida, we have the 25% Roof Replacement Rule in the Florida Building Code, which luckily helps make damage to your roof easier to mend. Of course, roofs aren’t the only part of your home that gets damaged by sinkholes. Sinkhole damage can open your home up to other losses that can be devastating.
Sentry Public Adjusting will help guide you to maintain your safety and to keep the integrity of your home intact until repairs can be made.
Let Sentry Public Adjusting handle your sinkhole damage insurance claim. Filing a sinkhole damage claim yourself can result in being denied or “lowballed.” Our licensed Florida public adjusters are skilled in dealing with insurance companies and claims. That’s their job!
560 Village Blvd, Suite 100,
West Palm Beach, FL 33409