VANDALISM IS EVERYWHERE
Vandalism Damage Claims
Having a public adjusting firm help with your vandalism claim can mean the difference between settling for an insurance company’s lowball offer and getting the amount you deserve. Sentry Public Adjusting has the knowledge and experience to handle your vandalism damage claim. Contact us for free inspection of any vandalism damage done to your property.
LET SENTRY HELP!
Does Homeowners’ Insurance Cover Vandalism Claims?
Waking up one morning or coming home from a vacation to suddenly discover your home has been vandalized or damaged is every homeowner’s nightmare.
Most would assume that the homeowners’ insurance policy they’ve been faithfully paying each month would cover the damage, but what is and isn’t covered under a vandalism claim can be tricky to determine.
In addition, many insurance companies will interpret policy rules and laws to find any loophole to make sure they don’t have to pay or to minimize the amount of damage they have to pay for.
You may be wondering, “Does my homeowners’ insurance policy cover vandalism or property damage?” Many times, basic homeowners’ insurance policies will not cover vandalism claims unless you have specifically added it as a “named peril.”
Common Types of Vandalism Claims
Graffiti is by far the most prevalent form of property vandalism, accounting for 35 percent of cases according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics.
That being said, there’s a lot more than just spray paint to worry about when it comes to your home. You may be glad to have protection against vandalism on your homeowners’ insurance policy in case:
- Your outdoor lights or windows are broken
- Your lawn, garden or outbuildings are damaged
- Your house exterior is egged, painted or covered in excrement, etc.
- Your trees, bushes or shrubs are cut, burned or otherwise damaged by vandals
- Your home is burned
- Your plumbing is tampered with
- Your locks are glued
- Lawn ornaments or decorations are damaged or stolen
Not All Vandalism Claims Are Alike
Keep in mind that no two vandalism insurance claims will be the same because of the unique and often personal nature of vandalism.
Many people seldom have to deal with vandalism claims, and because they’re rare, it can be hard to know what to do.
Sentry Public Adjusting has experience in submitting vandalism claims against homeowners’ insurance policies, and calling us is the best chance you have to recoup the full value from your vandalism claim.
What Should My Next Steps Be?
- Call Sentry Public Adjusting so that we can handle the claim process for you.
- Set up a FREE assessment with Sentry Public Adjusting. We work tirelessly to make sure your vandalism or theft insurance claim is maximized. Take the stress, frustration and headache of dealing with your insurance company out of the process, and let us help you.
- Carefully list everything that was damaged or stolen, and if you have receipts for items, make sure you provide those to your public adjuster. Every last bit of information is helpful, especially if it can help document the value of items damaged or missing.
Why Choose Sentry Public Adjusting?
Sentry Public Adjusting understands that dealing with vandalism damage is no easy task. We know the stress and worry that come with the financial burdens and the paperwork involved with vandalism damage insurance claims.
We understand that your family is focused on picking up the pieces after experiencing vandalism damage to your home and property. We believe that you are entitled to have your property back in its original condition, and we will do everything possible to make sure your property is restored.
There are many moving pieces and parts that go into preparing a vandalism or theft claim, and Sentry Public Adjusting is here to help. Having us by your side means your claim will be investigated, documented and pursued to the fullest extent possible.