FLORIDA’S HIGH WINDS
Wind damage insurance claims
If you have wind damage to your home or property, it can be devastating and leave you with nothing. Other damages can also arise when wind damage compromises the structure of your home.
Sentry Public Adjusting can handle your wind damage insurance claim to ensure that you get the maximum payout from your insurance carrier.
LET SENTRY HELP!
Wind damage facts and statistics
- The average cost of wind damage repair to a roof is $5,370.
- According to the Beaufort Wind Scale, it only takes wind blowing at 55-63 mph for considerable structural damage to result.
- Some homeowners’ insurance policies will refuse to pay for wind damages to a roof due to basic wear and tear.
- Wind is one of the most dangerous parts of a tropical storm.
- 40% of all U.S. hurricanes hit Florida.
- 88% of major hurricane strikes hit either Florida or Texas.
- The peak hurricane season is from June 1 to November 30.
- Most of the damage to homes from wind is from debris being carried by the winds.
- If you only have homeowners’ insurance without flood insurance, then a flood which happens because of wind damage will not be covered.
- Hurricane windstorm insurance is offered in almost all homeowners’ insurance policies.
If you have substantial roof damage and your house floods, you may not be covered by your wind damage insurance. Don’t leave yourself out in the storm with an insurance policy that does not fully cover the damage to your home.
Thoroughly going over your insurance policy can be a long, confusing process. Time is a factor when it comes to home repairs. It is important to call Sentry Public Adjusting as soon as possible.
This can leave you with no compensation at all for your home damages.
If wind damage destroys part of your roof and you have water damage as a result, you may not be covered by your insurance company for resulting damages.
Sentry can fight on your behalf by analyzing your policy to make sure you get compensation promptly to repair your home.
What Does Your Wind Damage Insurance Cover?
Assessing the full extent of wind damage is an involved process. If the integrity of your roof or siding is compromised, it can lead to water and mold damage. This can lead to a myriad of problems later. Some insurance companies won’t allow for the coverage of other damages, leaving you with thousands of dollars in repairs that aren’t reimbursed.
Most homeowners’ insurance policies have anti-concurrent causation clauses in them. An anti-concurrent causation clause usually reads something similar to, “We do not insure for such loss regardless of: a) the cause of the excluded event; or b) other causes of the loss; or c) whether other causes acted concurrently or in any sequence with the excluded event to produce the loss.”
HOW SENTRY’S INSURANCE CLAIMS PROCESS WORKS
Our public adjusters will come in and do a FREE inspection and evaluation of wind damages to your home and the surrounding property. This is an in-depth inspection, as we will also be checking for any other damages and assessing the degree of the wind damage. You can schedule your inspection at a convenient time, and it is done at no up-front cost to you. We correctly and efficiently document all damages and handle the submitting of your wind damage insurance claim. Our wind damage adjustment services consist of:
- Reviewing your homeowners’ insurance policy to see what coverage and compensation are available to you for wind damages incurred.
- Evaluating in detail all losses, including building damages, property damages, contents and belongings and any additional expenses incurred from wind damage.
- Conducting a thorough inspection of your property and further documenting all damages to your home or business.
- Calculating any losses from business interruption.
- Presenting all information accurately to your insurance company from our inspection.
- Calculating all damage costs to get you the most compensation possible for your home repairs.
- Negotiating on your behalf with your insurance company to rebut potential denials.
WHY CHOOSE SENTRY PUBLIC ADJUSTING?
At Sentry, we know the devastation a hurricane and high winds can wreak on our state – especially our homes. It can be hard to get all paperwork and proper documentation done when you’re trying to put your life back together.
Sentry Public Adjusting will advocate on your behalf to ensure fair compensation for your wind damage insurance claim. We believe you’re entitled to fair payment to repair your home and put your life back together.
Important Things to Know About Wind Damage
Insurance companies are only obligated to repair or replace your roof – whichever costs less.
In Florida, we have the 25% Roof Replacement Rule in the Florida Building Code, which luckily helps make damage to your roof easier to mend. Roofs aren’t the only part of your home that gets damaged by the wind. Wind damage also opens your home up to other losses that can be equally devastating.
Your wind damage insurance claims should be handled by a professional firm like Sentry Public Adjusting. Handling a wind damage claim as an inexperienced homeowner can result in less or no compensation. There are many different stipulations for wind damage because of how quickly wind can become catastrophic.
Sentry Public Adjusting will help guide you to maintain your safety and to keep the integrity of your home intact until repairs can be made.
560 Village Blvd, Suite 100,
West Palm Beach, FL 33409